Join two National Parks at Night instructors in this seven-module blueprint to becoming the night photographer you’ve always dreamed you can be. Tim Cooper and Chris Nicholson will reinforce the basics of operating your camera in the dark and capturing the night sky with both star points and star trails. The session will then advance into more skilled topics such as light painting, image blending, creating epic Milky Way photographs and more. This course, the following assignment and the instructor follow-up will give you the confidence to venture into the field and seize the night.
What you will learn:
- How to expose and focus in the dark.
- How to capture and process the Milky Way.
- How to create star trails in single or multiple exposures.
- How to photograph in different night conditions, from twilight to moonlight to dark skies.
- How to use PhotoPills to create better night photography.
- How to tackle urban scenes at night.
Gear needed: DSLR or mirrorless camera, wide-aperture/wide-angle lens, tripod, cable release, flashlight for light painting (optional).