Learn from an incredible team of international cityscape photographers
OUT OF CHICAGO 2020
Cityscape Photography Conference
June 24 – 28, 2020
Learn from the most amazing lineup of cityscape photographers ever assembled from around the world. Immerse yourself in Chicago’s urban landscape and transform your photography at this unique, 5 day, hands-on photography conference.
Go on photo walks, river walks and night walks. Capture architectural gems and more. Take a stroll and see the morning light. Discover vibrant, cultural neighborhoods. Find graffiti, artistic grit and more. Explore urban canyons and ride the rails. Create nightscape images of fountains and fireworks. Learn new photo techniques, advanced post-processing and so much more.
Learn and shoot side-by-side from this international lineup of photographers.
We’ve gathered an amazing team of leading photographers from cities around the world, such as Dubai, Greece, New York and Paris. Over five days this talented and diverse lineup of instructors will teach you a variety of creative perspectives and photography styles and lead you to all the great places to photograph in Chicago, including Elia Locardi, Daniel Cheong, Serge Ramelli, Michael Shainblum, Dany Eid, Greg Benz, Toby Harriman, Nenad Spasojevic, Chris Smith, Angie McMonigal, David Duchens.
And more to be announced!
“I was repeatedly struck by the fact that the instructors seemed to be as excited to be there as the attendees were, and how easily and happily they shared their expertise.”
What makes this conference unlike any others? Chicago is one of the top cities in the world for photography and modern architecture. We will be staying at the Embassy Suites in the heart of downtown Chicago and walking distance from all the iconic architectural sites. Each day choose an instructor and create your own schedule. From private excursions inside iconic landmarks to urban canyons of architectural wonder, you will not want to miss out on this epic photography event.
“The program was filled with amazing photographers to learn from. Whether you are a beginner or pro, this conference is for everyone. Highly recommend!”
- Composition, settings and post-processing for dramatic cityscapes
- Fine art abstract architecture techniques
- Luminosity masks for advanced post-processing
- Blue hour techniques for epic cityscapes
- Aerial photography techniques for drone and helicopter photography
- Create amazing timelapses
- Learn to shoot like a professional architecture photographer
- Long exposure techniques for epic cityscapes
- Techniques for dramatic urban night photography
- Advanced post-processing secrets from the pros
- Candid and posed street photography techniques
- Capture epic architectural interiors
- And much more!
A sampling of 100+ sessions to choose from.
We will be staying at the Embassy Suites in the heart of downtown Chicago, where classes take place and walking distance to all the iconic architectural sites. From first-class conference facilities to stepping out your door for the first morning light, hang out for five days with new photography mentors and friends alike. Downtown Chicago is the perfect place to learn, interact and be inspired.
Chicago is an urban photographer’s playground. World-class modern architecture, cultural neighborhoods, gritty streets and exquisite interiors all along the beauty of Lake Michigan’s shoreline.
— CHRIS SMITH, THE PHOTOGRAPHER’S GUIDE TO CHICAGO
Check into hotel (3pm)
Meet & greet reception
Welcome by Chris Smith, founder of Out of Chicago
Opening keynote presentation
Evening breakout sessions and field sessions
Day 2, Day 3, Day 4
Morning field sessions
Group lunch/afternoon presentation
Afternoon field sessions
Evening classes, workshops, image reviews and night excursions
Scheduled time to work with an instructor one-on-one
Morning field sessions
Check out of hotel (11am)
What makes us different?
EPIC LOCATIONS | WORLD-CLASS PHOTOGRAPHERS | HANDS-ON INSTRUCTION
We bring over a dozen photographers with multiple perspectives to one place and create an experience you can’t get anywhere else. With over 75 classes, workshops and interactive sessions to choose from, compare this to a regular photography workshop or conference for just as much cost or more.
- Hands-on, in-the-field instruction.
- Single instructor.
- Small group.
- One photography style and perspective.
- Everybody follows the same schedule.
- Hands-on, in-the-field instruction. (10 or fewer people)
- Small group classes and interactive sessions.
- 10-15 leading photography instructors in one place, at one time.
- Diverse styles and perspectives from one photography genre.
- Limited to 100 attendees for an energetic yet intimate event.
- Meet other photographers with your same passion.
- Social time with attendees and instructors including group meals and more.
- Vendors and opportunities to buy and test equipment.
- Choose from a variety of classes and excursions to create your own personalized, daily photography adventure.
- All classes and field-sessions included in price.
- 10-15 photography presenters.
- Hundreds of attendees.
- A la carte pricing for field-sessions.
- Everybody follows the same schedule.
Live your best creative life
Out of Chicago brings together passionate enthusiasts with world-class photographers, all in one epic location, where you learn and shoot side-by-side with the pros. Since 2014, we have organized more than 15 hands-on photography conferences in Chicago, New York City, Moab and more. We are all photographers ourselves, so we understand what it takes to be inspired, get to the right place at the right time and live our best creative life.
Conference price: $3250
(We are creating an experience you can’t get anywhere else, with the world’s best cityscape and architecture photographers, over 100 classes, workshops and interactive field sessions to choose from. Compare this to a regular photography workshop with one instructor, for just as much or more cost.)
4 nights all-suite accommodation (double occupancy)
5 days of photography classes, presentations and discussions
5 days of small group, hands-on, in-the-field teaching sessions and photo walks
Special access to private shooting locations
Group critique and one-on-one help throughout the day and evening
Mini workshops on post-processing
Cooked-to-order breakfast each morning
Daily happy hour to connect with fellow photographers and attendees
Private Facebook group to connect with fellow photographers and instructors
Vendor exposition with opportunity to borrow and test cameras and lenses daily
Special photography deals by Hunt’s Photo
What’s Not Included?
Airfare and Transportation
Most dinners are on your own so you can go out with fellow attendees and instructors