When I’m not staying up all night figuring out the details of our next Out of Chicago Conference, you’ll find me at the park with our son and daughter, playing my guitar, out on the golf course, or following my favorite (Detroit) sports teams. I love Chicago, but I’ll always root for my Tigers, Red Wings, Lions, Michigan sports, and Pistons.
For the past 17 years, I have taught high school physics. It’s the most difficult job I’ve ever had!
I’m really proud of my first book, The Photographer’s Guide to Chicago. It has over 100 reviews on Amazon with an average of 4.9 stars out of 5. It’s the highest rated photography book on Amazon.
If you really want to know, here are five fascinating fun facts about me.
- FFF #1: I was in the marching band and men’s glee club at the University of Michigan. Go Blue!
- FFF #2: I have coached girls JV, boys frosh/soph, and boys varsity golf.
- FFF #3: I love my adopted town of Chicago, but I’m originally from the Detroit area. You’ve heard of 8-mile? I grew up on 13 ½ mile.
- FFF #4: Over the years I’ve coached our school’s robotics team, lead the photography club, and started the unmanned aerial vehicle club.
- FFF #5: My first ever photo sale was to Donald Trump.