Photographing the Chicago Botanic Garden with Anne Belmont

In Chicago Botanic Garden, Conferences, Events, Interviews, Macro

Anne Belmont and I have talked about running a flower and garden photography conference at the Chicago Botanic Garden for years. Everything has come together and we will run the event for the first time this August.

In this interview, Anne and I discuss her favorite locations in the Garden and give some details on the upcoming Out of Chicago Flower and Garden Photography Conference.

The interview is a bit long. If you’d rather listen to it in your car, the link to the audio only podcast is at the top of this post. To see Anne’s amazing flower images you’ll need to watch the interview on Youtube below.

Follow Anne Belmont at http://annebelmontphotography.com

Recommended Posts
Showing 14 comments
  • Steve Ornberg

I am looking forward to this conference! Sounds great!

• Chris Smith

Me too! We’ve been dreaming this up for a long time!

• Steve Neilson

Absolutely beautiful work! Huge fan! πŸ™‚

I’m looking forward to the event because this type of photography is not my strong suit, and I want to learn from the best.

• Chris Smith

We know that Anne would turn you into an amazing flower photographer! πŸ™‚

• Lois Wuerffel Teerling

I really want to do this…any idea of the cost yet?

• Chris Smith

We’re still working on the details, but we should have everything ready next week.

• Karen Geisel

When will registration open? I can’t wait!

• Chris Smith

We’ll have the details figured out by next week. Look for registration to open on Tuesday.

• Charles Needle

I’m honored and super excited to be a part of the teaching team at this conference. Awesome interview, Anne! You rock! (And you do too, Chris!!) Thanks for all your hard work in putting this together.

The Chicago Botanic Garden is amazing, and I can’t wait to teach some new macro and in-camera Impressionism techniques there.

• Chris Smith

We can’t wait to have you, Charles! I just finished editing the interview with you and it will post in the morning! Thank you!

• Nancy Christensen

Looking forward to this! Thanks for putting this together!

• Chris Smith

Me too! You’re welcome. πŸ™‚

• Dennis Glazer

Looking forward to the conference. When can we sign up? I am a member of the Cleveland Botanic Garden and found out I can get into the Chicago Garden with no parking fee. I’ve been to the Chicago Garden and it’s spectacular.

• Chris Smith

Hey Dennis! We’ll have all of the signup info available on Tuesday. I hope we see you in August! CBG is amazing in the summer.

Join the Out of Chicago community to make sure you don't miss our next big event!

Close this popup

Out of Chicago creates amazing events. Join the community to get the latest updates in your email.

• Get the latest photography tips from Out of Chicago instructors
  • Be the first to know about upcoming Out of Chicago conferences and workshops
  • Get discounts on Out of Chicago events
  • Download The Photographer's Guide to Chicago and 10 Projects to Spark Your Creativity from Chris Smith